Dafen fire ‘accidental’

THE FIRE, which ripped through two properties in Dafen yesterday, Thursday, (Jul 18)  has been described as ‘accidental’.

In a statement Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service said:

“On Thursday 18/07/2019 at 02:02pm, Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service responded to a fire at a chip shop and a public house in Maescanner Road, Llanelli.

“Crews from Llanelli, Pontarddulais, Morriston and Ammanford, along with a water bowser from Tumble, an aerial rescue platform from Swansea West and a control unit from Carmarthen were deployed to the incident.

“The fire was located in the attic space of the two properties and well alight.

“All persons were accounted for.

For More Great News Stories Click The Banner

“Firefighters extinguished the fire using eight breathing apparatus, four hose reel jets, four main jets and the use of an aerial appliance. The gas supply was also isolated to the properties.

“The Gas and Electricity Board, Police and Ambulance were also in attendance.

“The incident was declared closed at 11:52am, Friday 19/07/2019.”

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

error: You are in breach of copyright
%d bloggers like this: