Thursday, March 23, 2023
Council encouraging ‘Temporary Event Notices’ for festive events

Council encouraging ‘Temporary Event Notices’ for festive events

PEOPLE planning Christmas and New Year events in Carmarthenshire can now licence them the easy way by going online.

Carmarthenshire County Council, which issues Temporary Event Notices (TENs) within the county, wants to encourage those wishing to hold a public event or extend their existing hours over the festive period to submit their applications promptly.

The message is – don’t forget this festive period that a standard TEN means 10 clear working days! Event organisers are advised to submit their TENs at the earliest opportunity.

Activities covered by the Temporary Event Notices are: sales by retail of alcohol for consumption either off or on the premises or both; the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of a member of a club; the provision of regulated entertainment; and the provision of late night refreshments (between 11pm and 5am).

Events covered by a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) can last for up to 168 hours and must involve no more than 499 people.

You can now apply online at:

The online system allows everything to be done in one go, including payment.

It is also still possible to send applications with a cheque to the Licensing section through the post, with copies to the police divisional licensing officer and council’s Environmental Health.

The Council’s executive board member for public protection Councillor Philip Hughes said: “Anyone holding public celebrations over the Christmas and New Year period needs to apply for the temporary events notices without delay to avoid disappointment. This has just been made simpler thanks to our new facility to do it online.”

For more information regarding temporary event notices check online or call the Licensing Section on 01267 234567 or e-mail:

You May Have Missed

You are in breach of copyright
%d bloggers like this: