25th July 2021

Llanelli Online News

Llanelli's First For Hyperlocal News

THERE will be “implications in terms of costs and timescales” to Pembrokeshire County Council’s building developments being undertaken by construction firm that went into administration this week.

At full council on Thursday, July 15 Cllr Mike Stoddart asked what the situation with WRW Construction and the appointment of administrators meant for the former Motor World site on Milford Haven’s Charles Street?

Head of housing Gaynor Toft said that “everything is up in the air at the moment” and the firm’s shut down was a “serious blow for us as a local authority as far as our development is concerned.”

Work was around 70 per cent completed at the Cranham Park housing development in Johnston, full council heard, but no work had been started at Charles Street or Tiers Cross, where the tender had only recently been awarded.

“We are treating it seriously and are in open dialogue with the administrators,” added Mrs Toft.

Cabinet member for housing Cllr Michelle Bateman said a private briefing had been sent to members on July 14 about the announcement of WRW Construction in what was a “fairly new and developing situation”.

Click and donate to support our FREE independent hyperlocal news service

She said that as much information as was allowed had been provided along with “preferred options” and further information will be communicated, if necessary, a member briefing will be held.

“This will have implications in terms of costs and timescales which at this time are unknown,” she added.

For More Great News Stories Click The Banner

You are in breach of copyright
%d bloggers like this: