TWO people have been arrested following an assault in Burry Port during the early hours of Saturday, August 22.
Dyfed-Powys Police received a report that three people had been assaulted in Neptune Square at around 12.15am.
Two men and a woman reported being assaulted by two men.
The two male victims were taken to hospital.
A 25-year-old and a 29-year-old were swiftly arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm, and have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information about the incident who has not yet spoken with police, is asked to make contact using reference DPP/0926/22/08/2020/02/C.
Cllrs John James and Amanda Fox have asked for intervention to tackle what they claim is an increase in antisocial behaviour in the town. Others have taken to social media to complain and ask for PACT meetings to address the issue.
We contacted Dyfed-Powys Police who said:
“Tackling antisocial behaviour is a current priority for Burry Port Neighbourhood Policing Team, and a number of actions are being carried out.
“In particular, efforts are being focussed on the harbour area, including the playground, and at Memorial Park.
“Last Wednesday, August 19, Sergeant Gemma Davies met with Burry Port councillors for a meet the street operation at Chandlers Yard.
She said: “The aim of this was to meet people living in the harbour area and to obtain information first-hand about the community’s concerns.
“Collectively, we are looking at ways to reduce antisocial behaviour, so the town can remain an enjoyable place to live.”
“Youngsters were moved on by officers over the weekend following two calls from concerned residents, and officers will continue to respond to any reports.
“Pact meetings are regularly held, and are advertised on the Kidwelly and Burry Port Police Twitter account.”