- Ensuring the two brand new waiting rooms and toilet facilities are open for longer periods. Advancing station staffing and investment in CCTV to monitor inside the Railway Station and tackle any anti social problems.
- Introducing further customer information screens, help points, improved lighting and signage, general maintenance and provision of disabled facilities.
- Welcoming efforts of organisations who are drawing up some visual improvement plans including upgrading the garden opposite the Coffee Pot.
- Our community-led campaign will concentrate on this work further by continuing to focus on calling for service and infrastructure improvements. Needing a greater frequency of services from and to West Wales, as currently the further west you go on the rail network, the worse it gets.
- Integrating rail services with bus links to Town Centre and the proposed new Wellness + Life Science Village which should also include parts of our communities which currently have no access to public transport.
- Developing a Community Partnership for West Wales. Organising a Community workshop event in Llanelli shortly to give residents a further opportunity to have their say.
Hugh Evans, Stakeholder Liaison Manager for Transport For Wales added: “This was a really positive meeting with Councillor Rees and we look forward to working with all stakeholders and customers in and around Llanelli to deliver a rail service that the public will be proud of.
“We have a strong Community Rail element in our solution and this will be critical in helping us deliver our ambitious plans for now and the future”