FROM 24th August onwards, Farming Connect clients registered with BOSS, the Welsh Government’s Business Online Support System which is operated by Business Wales, will access their account via ‘Sign On Cymru’ a new streamlined log-in system.
More than 10,000 eligible farmers and foresters registered with Farming Connect already have a BOSS account, which provides a secure gateway from where they can access their personal development plan (PDP); continuous professional development (CPD) records as well as the funding application forms for Farming Connect’s subsidised accredited training courses and its range of fully-funded e-learning courses, which offer bite-sized online tuition modules on a wide range of farm and forestry related topics.
‘Sign On Cymru’ means that each individual will in future only need one new single password, replacing the current system which involves having multiple log-in passwords linked to each service accessed within Business Wales.
Lantra Wales delivers the lifelong learning and development programme for Farming Connect, which is funded by Welsh Government and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. Lantra Wales director, Mr. Kevin Thomas says its essential that all registered farmers and foresters are able to successfully log-in via the new system, which as he explains is much simpler and will make it easier to access the wide range of services and training that support both personal and business development.
“If you want to update your PDP, complete e-learning interactives and/or apply for Farming Connect’s short accredited training courses during the next application window (1 – 26 October 2018) you will need to follow the ‘Sign On Cymru’ procedure to verify your account.
“The most important thing to remember is that you must use exactly the same email address that you provided to the Farming Connect Service Centre at the time you registered,” said Mr. Thomas.
He added that if anyone has forgotten that original email address, they should contact the Farming Connect Service Centre on 08456 000 813 who will be able to provide this.
“If any individual tries to register a different email they won’t be able to access the Farming Connect pages within Business Wales.”
Step-by-step guidance on how to verify your ‘Sign On Cymru’ Farming Connect account can be found at www.gov.wales/farmingconnect
How to verify your Sign On Cymru – Farming Connect account
- Go to https://businesswales.gov.wales/boss
- Click “Sign in with SOC”
- The SOClogin form will be displayed
- Click the “Sign up now” link
- A short registration page is displayed
- Enter the email address you used to register with Farming Connect
- Click on Verification Code Request
- You will then be sent this code to the email address entered
- Enter this code into the Verification code box.
- Click Verify code
- Next create and confirm password then click continue
- The Farming Connect BOSS profile page will then be displayed.
- You will need to complete all mandatory fields and save
- In a few simple steps your Sign On Cymru – Farming Connect login is complete.
- Once this has been performed you will be able to access your Farming Connect BOSS control panel from the “Sign in with SOC” login page using your email address and new password.