THIRTEEN Carmarthenshire businesses have been honoured for their achievements in the construction industry.
Carmarthenshire Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Building Excellence 2018 Awards recognises outstanding companies and partnerships along with individuals that go that extra mile.
Projects are chosen throughout the year by Carmarthenshire County Council’s building control surveyors who nominate excellent schemes for the annual awards.
The awards also consider vital elements including: high levels of compliance with building regulations; effective working relationships with LABC surveyors; outstanding craftsmanship; technical innovation; sustainability and high performance; ability to solve technical problems with creative solutions and use of innovative products and the skills to overcome difficult site conditions.
· Best Extensions & Alterations: Treharne Homes Ltd
· Best Local Builder or Traditional Craftsman: Firth & Son
· Best Change of Use or Conversion: The Old School Carpentry Co
· Best Individual New Home: Moelfre Developments
· Best Small New Housing: Martin Taffetsauffer
· Best Social or Affordable Housing: Tycroes Group
· Best Public Service Building: Manor Homes
· Best Educational Building: Manor Homes
· Best Small Commercial Building: Peter Morris
· Best Inclusive Building: Peter Morris
· Best Partnership: Sauro Architectural Design Ltd
· Best Site Construction Professional of the Year – Residential: Niels Nicolaysen
· Best Site Construction Professional of the Year – Non Residential: Peter Morris
All of the winners will now progress on to the LABC South Wales Building Excellence awards which take place at the Vale Resort in April.